Pages

  • Home
  • About Me
  • Favourite Reads
  • Contact

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 Going Green(ish)



I don't really know what has caused the change, but within the past year I've become a lot more conscious about what is going into my body, my overall health, as well as (now to get really green here) the health of the planet. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older and it's just a maturity thing, maybe it's just an interest/passion that is developing like any other hobby, maybe it was moving out of home and having to buy all my groceries and cleaning products for myself for the first time, maybe it's George's influence, maybe it's the blogging world influence, maybe it's my limited budget influence.. maybe it's a combination of all those things! Most likely. But living simply and healthily is something that is growing in importance for me, and I'm actually really enjoying the process of learning new things and trialing new methods and discovering new foods and products and why they're beneficial to us and our environment. I'm still a long way away from being the healthiest person out there - I enjoy chocolate way too much, and sitting on my ass watching movies way too much, and cheese... oh, blessed are the cheese makers.. but I've really come a long way in the past year and I think slow change is the most effective change anyway.. right?.. right.

I thought I would share a few sources of inspiration that have really helped me in learning more about this "lifestyle", if you could call it that. If you're interested in learning a bit more about healthier ways of living, I wholeheartedly recommend checking out the following:

Oh Dear Drea (Blog)
I think this woman is amazing. Her cooking, her creativity, her humility, her work ethic. I cannot recommend her enough.

Annie Jaffrey (Blog/YouTube)
Annie has also undergone a massive change in lifestyle over the past year. She has recently adopted a raw vegan lifestyle and although I'm not ready to undergo a change like that, she has a lot to offer and she is really passionate about what she does. I've learnt a lot from her. She is also super sweet.

Ecoholic Beauty (Blog/YouTube)
I've only discovered Jessica recently but, oh my lordy, she is fab. I've already learnt SO much from her, plus she is so entertaining and hilarious. Her blog and her channel are still relatively "small", big but small, much bigger than mine! But I can see great things in the future for this woman. Check her out.

I love Anna's style of writing, for one. She is informative and engaging, while not being preachy. She gives the information, and leaves us to make the decision. I also recommend that you read anything else she has published, ever.

This book is quite well known, and I know it has had a big impact on a lot of people. This was what actually first made me choose to become vegetarian. George also read the book, and although he is not a vegetarian, he has really cut down on meat a lot. This Johnny Saf dude is persuasive!

I think that will do for now. If you check any of these guys out, I really hope you enjoy them or, even better, learn a little from them :)


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...